Connect Plus Business Limited puts great importance on the protection of your privacy. This policy explains how we may collect information about you and then use it in order to satisfy your particular needs. It also outlines some of the security measures that we take in order to protect your privacy. CPMT is committed to providing you with a personalized service that meets your needs in a way that safeguards your privacy.
When we obtain your personal information, or when you take a new service from us, you can choose not to receive information from us about other services.
This is done by checking a box on the web site. Some of the personal information that we hold about you may be sensitive personal data within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Should CPMT choose to change its Policy for any reason, the changes will be posted on the Connect Plus Business Ltd web site, so that the Customer is always kept informed of how CPMT collects and uses the Customer’s personal information, and when it may disclose it, Personal Information.
Personal Information includes information:
• That we obtain from you or already hold about you
• That we receive from enquiries we make in connection with any application or agreement with us or any member of the Connect Plus group
• That we receive from searches made by us or any member of the CONNECT PLUS group in your name with credit reference agencies, insurance claims registers or fraud prevention agencies
• That we obtain about any account which you, or a member of your household, holds with or through us
• That we receive from anyone permitted to give information about you to us or any member of the Connect Plus group
Collection of Personal Information.
We may collect personal information about you from a number of sources including:
• From you when you agree to take a service from us, in which case this may include your contact details, date of birth, payment method and possibly bank account details.
• From you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case this may tell us something about your preferences.
• From publicly available sources, such as the electoral register.
• The use of our web site signifies the Customers consent to Connect Plus group collecting and using personal information about the Customer as specified in accordance with this Policy.
Use of Personal Information.
We will use personal information about you for a number of purposes, including:
• To help to identify you when you telephone us to make an enquiry. For example, by asking you for your date of birth or telephone number so that we can avoid disclosing information to a person who is not authorized by you to receive it.
• To write to you (including electronic mail) or by phone (including text messages) with information about other services or products either from us or from our carefully selected partners who may contact you directly with our consent.
• To help us to manage accounts, services and products which we offer.
• To help detect fraud or loss.
• Information we hold about you and your preferences will help us to make sure that we contact you about things likely to be of relevance and interest to you. In some circumstances, we may do certain credit checks with licensed credit reference agencies when you apply to take a service or product. If this is applicable then it will be stated in our terms and conditions of business.
• By entering into this Agreement, the Customer expressly agrees to the use of personal data for the purposes described above
Disclosure of Personal Information.
Other companies in the Connect Plus group may use personal information for any of the purposes set out above. This is limited to companies that are related companies to Connect plus. Other reasons where we may be forced to disclose information could be in order to comply with UK and international money laundering and anti terrorist’s regulations and to the police if requested.
Protection of your personal information.
We use strict security measures in order to protect personal information. This includes checking your identity when you telephone us, encrypting data on our websites (and other measures) in order to ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
If you communicate with us via the Internet then we may use email to contact you about our services and products. All marketing emails will have an unsubscribe option included in the bottom of the email message. Additionally, you can always change your preferences via the website www.Connect-Plus.co.uk
We use “cookies” to monitor site user traffic patterns and site usage. This helps us to understand how our customers and potential customers use our web sites so that we can develop and improve the design, layout and functionality of the sites. A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records your navigation of a web site so that, when you revisit that web site it can present tailored options to you based upon the stored information about your last visit.
You can normally alter the settings of your browser to prevent acceptance of cookies. If you do not want Connect Plus to deploy cookies in your browser, you can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when a web site tries to put a cookie on your computer, to do this check the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to find out how to change your cookie preferences. However, rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use some of the products and/or services at our Web site.
Monitoring of calls
We may monitor and record communications we receive. This may be done to improve the service which we provide, to ensure compliance with our practices and procedures and where, for example, a contract is entered into by that means to provide evidence of the transaction.